Mercosul Line’s SUPEX Shuttle Service to connect Santos with SuapeMay, 13, 2019 Posted by datamarnews
Mercosul Line, a subsidiary of French carrier CMA CGM, has announced the launching of its weekly SUPEX cabotage service, linking Suape directly to Santos with a three day transit time. SUPEX is CMA CGM’s third weekly cabotage service, in addition to the existing BRACO and PLATA loops. According to Mercosul Line, the new service brings strong efficiency towards a sustainable environment, with 280m km per year of truck traffic taken out from Brazilian roads.
O novo serviço de cabotagem será realizado pela Mercosul Line, empresa subsidiária do Grupo CMA CGM. O navio da nova rota tem capacidade de transportar até 1.300 TEUs (unidade de medida equivalente a um contêiner de 20 pés). pic.twitter.com/1NQ9YOfEvY
— Complexo de Suape (@complexo_suape) May 10, 2019
According to the company’s circular, mv “CMA CGM VENTANIA” with 1,338 TEU capacity will operate the shuttle service from June.
Some of the features of the SUPEX service are:
- Additional third weekly departure with optimized days of call: Departure – SANTOS Saturday, 7 am. Arrival – SUAPE Tuesday, 6 pm.
- Transit time: reduced by 4 days versus current market existing Cabotage services average.
- Intermodal door to door lead time reduced significantly (e.g. DOOR SAO PAULO – DOOR RECIFE: up to 6.5 days).
CMA CGM VENTANIA will dock at Tecon Suape, the leading container terminal in the country’s North and Northeast regions.
CompCont data shows Suape’s container movement trends for the previous ten years:
DatamarNews reported the Brazilian Navy had approved the Suape Industrial Port Complex to receive Sammax class vessels and New Panamax vessels which will start operating in the country from next year.
- Ports and Terminals Apr, 09, 2019 0
- Shipping Jul, 03, 2019 0
- Shipping Mar, 27, 2019 0
- Ports and Terminals Jun, 10, 2019 0